REVIEW: Juicy Chemistry Mojito Lip Scrub and Lip Butter

Sunday, May 29, 2016


Lips are an important body part of our body as much as others and it should be taken care of just like our facial skin. Today I am going to review lip scrub and lip butter combo that I received with my purchase as a part of Juicy Chemistry's Diwali offer. Keep reading to know more about my experience.

About the product:

Fancy a drink? Well go ahead and dab it on your lips!

Price: INR 200 for each product
Shelf Life: 6 months from the date of manufacturing
Available: Here & Here
Ingredients: (refer to image below)



Packaging: Both products come in a plastic jar with an inner plastic disc to further protect the content.

My Experience:

Juicy Chemistry Mojito Lip Scrub: It has a nice minty and citrusy aroma due to presence of lemon EO and peppermint EO. I use JC lip scrub 1-2 times a week on damp lips. I use very little quantity as little goes a long way and of course gentle strokes to remove the dead surface off my lips as our lips are very sensitive. The JC lip scrub having coarse texture due to presence of finely milled organic white sugar. The scrub removes the dead skin effectively without dehydrating the lips. I have noticed the lips appear pinker post use and consistent use does make the lips healthy. The lip scrub is made up of skin loving oils and organic white sugar and is devoid of harsh chemicals and preservatives. Always make sure to not dig wet and untidy fingers/spatula to scoop out product as it may contaminate it.

Left: Mojito Lip Scrub Right: Mojito Lip Butter
Juicy Chemistry Mojito Lip Butter: Again, this product also has a nice minty and citrusy aroma due to presence of lemon EO and peppermint EO. The aroma is refreshing and lends a cooling sensation post application. The lip butter has a soft texture and butter like consistency as the name suggests. The lip butter is made up of shea butter, avocado oil, sweet almond oil etc which are known for their skin loving properties. I use this product as and when required and it never disappoints when it comes to treating dry lips. However this product fails when it comes to treating severely chapped lips. I do not have severely chapped lips right now as it's super hot and humid here, I only experience dry lips here and there. The moisturisation effect stays put for 4-5 hours then I have to reapply. The lip butter spreads easily on the lips and it's comfortable to wear. Since very little quantity is required so the product lasts really long. Always make sure that you use clean and dry fingers to scoop out the product.

Pros for lip scrub:
  • Refreshing aroma.
  • A little goes a long way.
  • Good and travel friendly packaging.
  • Removes dead skin from the surface effectively.
  • Handmade, cruelty free and natural.
  • Lips appear pinker post use and healthy with consistent use.
Cons:
  • Availability - Not for me as I don't mind purchasing online.
  • A bit pricey.
Pros for lip butter:
  • Refreshing aroma.
  • A little goes a long way.
  • Handmade, cruelty free and natural.
  • Moisturises dry lips effectively. 
  • The moisturisation effect stays put for 4-5 hours.
  • Lips appear healthy if used consistently.
  • Spreads easily on the lips and doesn't feel heavy.
Cons:
  • Availability - Not for me as I don't mind purchasing online.
  • A bit pricey.
  • Packaging may seem unhygienic to some.
  • Does not heal severely chapped lips.
Will I recommend: Yes of course!!

Until next time,

Deepika

Disclosure: These products were sent along with my order as a part of brand's Diwali offer and the views and opinions expressed hereby are strictly unbiased, based on my personal experience. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments